Home |  Active Topics |  Members |  Search Forums |  FAQ     
 All Forums      Fighting Robots     Minisumo Competition
 Printer Friendly  New Topic     Reply to Topic << Prev
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

danieloman
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2006 :  22:31:31  Show Profile  Visit danieloman's Homepage  Click to see danieloman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by taximania

Just before you hit Junction 29, to the left at the top of the hill is Bolsover Castle. I live just behind it to the left

Barry

guys dont leave me out i wil see if i can send my bot. that and send me a video at el_soldado_desconcido_007@homail.com
im venezuelan O.K

Go to Top of Page

Nigel Goodwin
Geek!

United Kingdom
686 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2006 :  22:38:12  Show Profile  Visit Nigel Goodwin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Just before you hit Junction 29, to the left at the top of the hill is Bolsover Castle. I live just behind it to the left

Perhaps he ought to stop at the Hardwick Inn?, and we could meet for a beer?.
Go to Top of Page

slurp
Geek!

United Kingdom
495 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2006 :  22:42:42  Show Profile  Visit slurp's Homepage  Send slurp a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nigel Goodwin

quote:

Perhaps he ought to stop at the Hardwick Inn?, and we could meet for a beer?.

May be that'll be better timed for the return trip.... it'll be too early on the way down (unless you're still locked in!)

:) except I'm driving :(

--

www.minisumo.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

suzo
Serious Geek!

Australia
1360 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2006 :  11:18:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe you could have a "light beer"
Go to Top of Page

slurp
Geek!

United Kingdom
495 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2006 :  13:32:57  Show Profile  Visit slurp's Homepage  Send slurp a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by suzo

Maybe you could have a "light beer"

In the UK that means lemonade!

If UK pubs do have another option I don't I've seen one that was drinkable :(

Recently returned from Germany with a crate of nice beer, someone pointed to the Maltz as alcohol free but failed to say it was laced with coke & even more disgusting than stuff sold here...

Nowt against lemonade but do like good beer ;)

--

www.minisumo.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

AlsRobotics
Geek!

United Kingdom
397 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2006 :  20:26:53  Show Profile  Visit AlsRobotics's Homepage  Click to see AlsRobotics's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

Lets have a final show of hands as to who is coming (this weekend I think it is).

Im hoping to be there, although Im a little short of time, what with moving to France and doing the baja.

Cheers.
Al.

http://www.alsrobotics.co.uk
http://www.qtronics.net - Electronics and Firmware Design Consultants
Go to Top of Page

slurp
Geek!

United Kingdom
495 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2006 :  21:45:39  Show Profile  Visit slurp's Homepage  Send slurp a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'll be there... :)

tho' still fiddling with the 'bots I broke :(

--

www.minisumo.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

JamesC
Geek!

United Kingdom
398 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2006 :  10:08:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll be ther too,

I've dusted off my robot (completed for Al's event last year) and resisted the temptation to twaek it so hopefully it all works. We'll find out on Saturday.

Regards

James
Go to Top of Page

Gary

United Kingdom
94 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2006 :  19:36:46  Show Profile  Visit Gary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'll be there!
Hopefully there will be 8 minisumo robots along with 44 ants, 6 superants and 5 flea-weights.
It's going to be a very busy day!

If you can arrive around 10:00 - 10:30, we will get started as soon as we have checked everyone in and got ourselves organised. We have to be finished by 5:00.

Tea, coffee, squash and the legendary Team BeligerAnt sausage sarnies will be provided. There is a newsagent's selling drinks, crisps, sandwiches etc about 5 mins walk away.
Go to Top of Page

slurp
Geek!

United Kingdom
495 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2006 :  17:28:33  Show Profile  Visit slurp's Homepage  Send slurp a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote

That was a great day, worth the drive to meet and chat! I look forward to the next event.

I hope to get some of the sumo pics online later today.

best regards,
colin
Go to Top of Page

AlsRobotics
Geek!

United Kingdom
397 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2006 :  18:11:05  Show Profile  Visit AlsRobotics's Homepage  Click to see AlsRobotics's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sorry I missed it guys, by the time I remembered it was on it was too late, and I posted on RB the day before it too, silly me.

Whos going to post some photos then?

Cheers.
Al

http://www.alsrobotics.co.uk
http://www.qtronics.net - Electronics and Firmware Design Consultants
Go to Top of Page

slurp
Geek!

United Kingdom
495 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2006 :  23:57:01  Show Profile  Visit slurp's Homepage  Send slurp a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote

This is my summary of the minisumo event....

http://www.minisumo.org.uk/aws20.php

There's a load of antweight pics and video linked from http://www.robotwars101.org/phpBB/

I left my 'bots at home as I didn't finish tinkering but wished I'd brought them regardless as there was lots of space and time to finsh off.

Keep a look out for the next date!

regards,
colin
Go to Top of Page

danieloman
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2006 :  22:46:59  Show Profile  Visit danieloman's Homepage  Click to see danieloman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
guess im not gonna go, and i cant send my 'bot but can i at least see a video of the competiton
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Printer Friendly  New Topic     Reply to Topic << Prev
This page was generated in 0.52 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000